KLC Cyber Security Services
A KLC Information Security Assessment provides a comprehensive evaluation of an organization's overall security posture. It can help manage your risk to potential security threats such as data breaches and unauthorized activity. This includes a review of existing security policies, procedures, controls and mechanisms in relation to best practices and industry standards, such as ISO 27002 and NIST 800-53. Our Security Assessment is performed by certified and experienced security professionals, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) with a passion for identifying risks and protecting your company against potential threats to your company’s systems.
- - Perform Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V).
- - Assess the current state of information security controls for federal government agencies or contractors based on FISMA or DIACAP regulations.
- - Assess information security controls for financial and health care institutions based on the security standards (NIST 800-53, FFIEC, PCI, HIPAA, GLBA), and industry standards (ISO 27001 / 27002).
- - Conduct Cloud Security Assessment.
- - Provide expert guidance to remediate findings / issues.
- Learn more about our Cyber Security Assessment Services...
When internal functions such as human resources, information technology, or other services are sub-contracted to third parties, the risks to information confidentiality, integrity and availability rise significantly. Having a Vendor Risk Management program will allow you to effectively evaluate other companies you do business to determine if they pose a risk to you. Sensitive or classified information comes in many forms, whether it’s your customers or own employees data that’s being transmitted. This includes intellectual property, non-public personal information (NPPI) of customers or employees, personally identifiable information (PII), sensitive personal information (SPI), electronic protected healthcare information (ePHI), payment credit card data (PCI), account information, and services and transaction data. For information subject to privacy and security compliance, KLC helps clients ensure that regulatory requirements are being fulfilled by their service providers and sub-contracted business partners.
- - Evaluate, design and implement a sustainable solution to assess and manage supplier and vendor security risks.
- - Conduct fix cost third-party service provider security risk assessment based on ISO 27002 security standards.
- - Provide our customers the understanding of interdependency risks with the vendors.
- - Guide third-party service providers to fill out client security questionnaire and provide strategies to navigate through client assessment / audits.
- Learn more about our Third-Party Risk Assesment / Management Services...
Our experts understand the networking technologies of routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), servers, workstations, authentication, encryption, end-point protection, and how they are used to deliver business value. This operational perspective allows us to design a network flexible enough to meet your needs while maintaining a secure and stable system.
- - Network Infrastructure, Application Security, Cloud Computing.
- - Setup Intrusion Detection, Prevention, and log analyzers for situational awareness, and counter-attack systems.
- - Research and Development for Custom Cyber Security Applications.
- - Prepare the DIACAP and FISMA packages for Certification and Accreditation (C&A).
- - Assist with the C&A process and obtain Authorization to Operate (ATO).
- - Assess, design, implement processes and tools that provide continuous analysis, detection, and protection of your information asset. (information security lifecycle)
- Learn more about our Information Security Engineering Services...
Our certified IT Auditors help federal and state government, financial and banking institutions perform compliant assessment, and help address issues of the following:
- - DIACAP
- - FISMA
- - NIST 800 Series (800-53, 800-37, 800-34 and more)
- - Privacy Impact Analysis (PIA)
- - Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- - Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
- - Financial Regulations FDIC, OCC, OTS, NCUA, (FFIEC)
- - Payment Card Industry (PCI) Security Standard
- - Health Insurance Privacy and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- - Pharmaceutical / FDA (21 CFR Part 11)
- - Massachusetts State Data Security Privacy Regulations (201 CMR 17)
- Learn more about our IT Audit / Regulatory Compliance Services...
KLC provides information security professionals (SMEs) with ISO and CISO expertise to ensure the success of your security program.
- - Recommends how to define the CISO/CSO/Privacy Officer role.
- - Initiates or renews stalled security, risk management, and compliance initiatives.
- - Coaches your existing CISO/CSO/Privacy Officer to ensure their success.
- - Maintains momentum in existing programs during your search for a permanent CISO/CSO.
- - Eliminates or defers the need to hire full-time CISO/CSO/Privacy Officer.
- - Offers a fresh, external perspective to accomplish business objectives.
- - Allows more time to find and hire the best candidate for your team.
- - Provides expert knowledge transfer and helps maximize the value of security technology.
- - Design and build an Information Security Program.
- - Design and Implement Information Security Policy.
- - Create Information Security Standards and Guidelines.
- - Provide Information Security Awareness Training.
- - Review Regulatory Compliance Enforcement.
- - Provide Incident Response Planning and Coordination.
- - Monitor Risk Assessment and Incident Prevention.
- - Implement Disaster Recovery Process planning and implementation.
- Learn more about our Information Security Officer (ISO) Services...
An essential part of assessing the cyber-security of an information system is identifying, understanding, and managing the risks associated with the system’s use. Security certification and accreditation (C&A) support the risk management process and is integral to an agency’s information security program.
Security certification is the process of assessing the security controls in the information system to determine whether they are implemented correctly, operating as intended, and are meeting the system’s security requirements.
Security accreditationis concerned with risk acceptance and management. The Designated Approval Authority (DAA) or other authorizing officials must determine the risk to operations, assets, or individuals and the acceptability of the risk weighed against the mission or business needs of their agencies. Security certification supports security accreditation by providing the DAA with information needed to make credible, risk-based decisions about information systems operation. Our products and services comply with the DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) per DoD Instruction 8510.01. KLC uses a DIACAP-based C&A process to certify that the target system is safe to operate in its intended environment. We confirm that it maintains the accredited security posture throughout its lifecycle, and address vulnerabilities by reducing residual risk to a level deemed acceptable by the DAA. We tailor our C&A services to the system’s life cycle phase and program strategy, and scale the certification process according to the size and complexity of the system. We develop a comprehensive DIACAP-compliant C&A package to document the system security architecture and support the DAA’s accreditation decision. We comply with applicable DoD, Air Force, Army, and local directives, instructions, and standards, including DoDD 8500.1, DoDI 8500.2, AFI 33-200, AFI 33-210, , AR 25-2, AR 380-5, DoD 5220.22-M (NISPOM), and the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA).