CMMC Level 2 Assessment
What is an Authorized CMMC C3PAO?
Our industry uses the term “C3PAO” as the acronym for CMMC Third Party Assessment Organization. The CMMC-AB maintains a C3PAO list of authorized companies to perform CMMC certification assessments. And KLC Consulting is one of the approved C3PAO Companies to perform CMMC assessments and Joint Surveillance Voluntary Assessments.
The Cyber-AB (formerly the CMMC-AB) is the sole, authorized accreditation and certification partner of the DoD in its CMMC program. The Cyber-AB is responsible for building, accrediting, certifying, and managing the CMMC ecosystem. And they maintain the only accurate C3PAO list.
The Role of an Authorized C3PAO in the CMMC Ecosystem
Authorized CMMC C3PAO firms conduct the CMMC Assessment and Certification of Defense Industrial Base (DIB) companies’ unclassified networks. And issue appropriate CMMC certificates based on the results of the assessments. The Cyber-AB licenses C3PAOs to contract and manage CMMC assessments.
KLC Consulting’s CMMC Assessment and Certification Services
CMMC Readiness (Mock) Assessment
Are you ready for a CMMC or Joint Surveillance Voluntary Assessment? Great, let’s be sure! Our CMMC Readiness Assessment is a great way to understand where you’re at. Are you considering a Joint Surveillance Voluntary Assessment? We simulate an actual C3PAO assessment to identify practices and documentation requirements met and not met. And provide clear explanations where you’re not in compliance.
The JSVA program is a voluntary certification in the progressive evolution to CMMC. “Joint” refers to assessment collaboration between C3PAOs, the Defense Industrial Base Certification Center (DIBCAC) and you – the Organization Seeking Certification (OSC). Defense Industrial Base companies won’t see CMMC requirements until the completion of DoD final rulemaking, currently expected in 2024. Until then, successful JSVA confers tremendous competitive advantages:
- DIB companies who successfully complete a JSVA receive a letter of compliance. They use it to demonstrate adherence to DoD regulations to potential customers.
- The DoD enters successful assessment results into the Supplier Performance Risk System (SPRS) database.
- The SPRS is a DoD database that collects and reports information on contractor performance, including quality, delivery, and cost performance.
- Government acquisition professionals use the SPRS database to evaluate and manage the performance of contractors who are bidding on or working on DoD contracts.
- They also use the SPRS database to identify high-risk contractors and to evaluate their past performance when making contract award decisions.
- DIB companies that engage a C3PAO to conduct a JSVA gain a competitive edge in securing defense contracts: They’re more appealing to the Department of Defense as trusted partners versus companies who haven’t undertaken assessment.
- JSVAs foster closer collaboration with government agencies and leads to long-term business relationships.
- Participation in the assessment positions a DIB as a trusted and responsible player in the market.
- It demonstrates the commitment to protecting sensitive data and systems.
- It also enhance the company’s image and improve stakeholder relationships.
- The current expectation is that the successful JSVA will rollover into a CMMC L2 certification. If a DIB passed a JSVA today, and final DoD rulemaking completes a year from today, the certification would effectively last 4 years. JSVAs extend the 3-year recertification period requirement.
KLC Consulting will perform C3PAO CMMC Assessments and serve as the authorizing body on behalf of the DoD upon completion of final rulemaking, anticipated in 2024. Our listing on the official C3PAO List
Call for an Introductory No-Cost Consultation: 617.314.9721 x158
KLC Consulting’s DoD cybersecurity experts coordinate with your team to support and help remediate your POAM items to become CMMC compliance. Let’s get started!
Learn More About KLC Consulting
Our cybersecurity team educates, protects and empowers clients.
Protect and Secure Your Assets with Vulnerability Assessments and Penetration Testing